For more information, you can check my CV.
August 2008 – June 2013: PhD in Computer Science
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Leibniz University of Hanover
Supervisors: Prof. Wolfgang Nejdl, Prof. Themis Palpanas
Grade: Ausgezeichnet (excellent)
September 2002 – October 2007: 5-year Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering , National Technical University of Athens
Major: Software and Computer Systems, Minor: Computer Networks and Robotics
Grade: 9.0/10 (excellent)
November 2013 – January 2015: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Institute for the Management of Information Systems, Research Center “Athena”
January 2013 – October 2013: Database Administrator at the Greek Army IT Support Center
August 2008 – November 2010: Research Associate at the L3S Research Center
February 2008 – July 2008: Developer at the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications, National Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos”
October 2007 – December 2007: Internship at the Technical University of Berlin
January 2019 – February 2022: ExtremeEarth, European RIA project, Horizon 2020
February 2015 – May 2017: BigDataEurope, European CSA project, Horizon 2020
December 2010 – July 2012: SocIoS, European STReP project, 7th EU Framework
July 2010 – November 2010: LivingKnowledge, European FET project, 7th EU Framework
August 2008 – June 2010: OKKAM, European IP project, 7th EU Framework
- 2o Workshop on Large Scale RDF Analytics (LASCAR-20)
- 2023: SIGMOD, EDBT, VLDB, ICDE
- 2022: ESWC, SIGMOD, VLDB, CIKM, WWW, IEEE Big Data, CODS-COMAD, AI-ML Systems
- 2021: SIGMOD, CIKM, ESWC, EDBT, AI-ML Systems, Ontology Alignment Evaluation Initiative (OAEI), Workshop on Software Foundations for Data Interoperability (SFDI)
- 2020: VLDB, CIKM, IEEE Big Data, SFDI, OAEI
- 2019: VLDB, OAEI
- 2017: VLDB
Journal Reviewer: IEEE TKDE, VLDBJ, ACM JDIQ, ACM TKDD, ACM TOIS, ACM TWEB, Information Systems, DKE, DAPD, IPM, FGCS, WWWJ, JASIST, Data Science and Engineering, Big Data Research, Information Fusion, IJAIT, KAIS, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Information Sciences, Computer Speech & Language
- Distinguished VLDB 2020 Review Board Member
- Complimentary 1-year ACM membership in 2018, due to reviews for ACM TOIS, TWEB and TKDD
- Outstanding reviewer for Information Fusion
- Outstanding reviewer Data & Knowledge Engineering
2020: Complimentary 1-year ACM membership, because of the two publications within the same year in ACM Computing Surveys.
2016: Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Seal of Excellence for the proposal ERABILD (Entity Resolution FrAmework for BIg Linked Data).
2011: ACM Hypertext Douglas Engelbart Best Paper Award for the paper “Beyond the usual suspects: context-aware revisitation support”.
Phd Thesis Advisor:
- Charini Nanayakkara, Australian National University, December 2021 (examination committee)
- Emmanouil Thanos, KU Leuven, June 2017 – January 2022
- Konstantina Bereta, University of Athens, November 2017 – June 2019 (dissertation)
- Vasilis Efthymiou, University of Crete, July 2014 – December 2017 (dissertation)
- George Alexiou, National Technical University of Athens, May 2014 – February 2015
- Magdalini Kardara, National Technical University of Athens, May 2011 – June 2014 (dissertation)
- Fotis Aisopos, National Technical University of Athens, May 2011 – July 2012 (dissertation)
- Maria Siampou, University of Athens, “Parallel Supervised Progressive GIA.nt”, March 2023 – present.
- Marios Papamichalopoulos, University of Athens, “JedAI-spatial: a system for 3-dimensional Geospatial Interlinking”, January – November 2021.
- Georgios Mandilaras, University of Athens, “Transforming into RDF and Interlinking Βig Geospatial Data”, June 2020 – February 2021.
- Georgios Touros. University of the Peloponnese & NSCR “Demokritos” MSc In Data Science. Evaluation of Video Soundtracks using Machine Learning. December 2020 (examination committee)
- Efi Karra Taniskidou, University of Athens, “Representation Models for Recommendations in Social Media”, March – September 2016 (thesis)